The rich flavor of our dairy-free bisque is worth all the extra time involved in preparation. It reheats easily, so it can be made ahead of time and warmed while you entertain.
- 30 minutes to roast lobster shells
- 60-80 minutes to cook
- Total time: 1 hour and 30-50 minutes
- 8-1 cup appetizer size or 4-2 cup main course servings
- Separate lobster meat from shells, over a bowl to save all broth. Refrigerate meat and broth, separately. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Put all shells, onions, carrots, celery, garlic and thyme in a roasting pan. Add 1 cup water and roast for 30 minutes.
- Pour contents of roasting pan into a soup pot. Add seafood stock, 4 cups water, wine, salt, peppercorns, stems of parsley, bay leaf and reserved lobster broth, which has been strained through a fine mesh strainer. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Cook until stock reduces to 6 cups. Strain stock into a large bowl.
- Add oil to soup pot and heat over a medium heat. Add shallots and potato. Cook until golden. Add tomato paste and slowly stir in reduced stock. Simmer until paste is dissolved and potato is cooked.
- Meanwhile, whisk Coconut Milk with flour and sherry until smooth. Slowly whisk mixture into bisque. Stirring, cook 5 minutes. Blend bisque until smooth and return to pot. Add reserved lobster meat and simmer until heated through. Garnish with chopped parsley leaves and serve.