Sweet Coconut Almond Paste and tart blackberries combine to make an irresistible coffee cake. Whether fresh summer blackberries or frozen ones in the winter, this cake is a crowd pleaser!
- 25 minutes to assemble
- 50-55 minutes to bake
- Total time: 75-80 minutes
- 12 slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray with bakers release spray (the kind mixed with flour) a 9 inch springform pan.
- Make topping by adding 4 tablespoons of butter, 1/3 cup of flour, light brown sugar, oats and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to a medium bowl. Mix with fingers or pastry blender until the texture of crumbs. Set aside.
- Add grated Almond Paste and sugar to a mixing bowl. Mix on low until the texture of small crumbs. Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter and beat until combined. Add egg and beat until smooth. Add Coconut Milk and vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated.
- Sift remaining 1 3/4 cups flour with baking powder, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon into wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into wet until almost combined. Add blackberries. Gently fold together until just combined.
- Spoon into springform pan and lightly level top. Rap pan on counter to remove any air bubbles. Sprinkle top evenly with reserved oat mixture. Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle pulls out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Run knife around inside edge of pan and release springform. Cool completely and serve.