You’ll find Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk at Walmart
Andre Prost Coconut Milk makes this custard extra creamy and flavorful.
- 10 minutes to assemble
- 40-50 minutes to bake
- Total time: 50-60 minutes
- 6 Servings
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a 1 quart baking dish. Heat a kettle of hot water.
- Add Coconut Milk and nutmeg to saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until it starts to steam.
- Beat eggs, yolks, sugar and salt until well mixed. Very slowly, drizzle warm coconut milk into egg mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in coconut extract. Pour Coconut mixture into prepared dish and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- To make a water bath, place baking dish in larger pan. Pour hot water into pan until it reaches half way up outside of baking dish. Carefully, place pan in oven. Bake 40-50 minutes or until custard is just set, or a meat thermometer inserted near middle reads 160°F-165°F*. Remove from water bath and set custard on wire rack until cool. Cover and refrigerate.