Andre Prost Coconut Milk with bananas makes a rich and creamy pie to enjoy, any time, any season!
- 17 minutes to blind bake crust
- 25 minutes to assemble
- Total time: 42 minutes
- 8 Servings
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position in oven. Preheat oven to 425°F. If using a frozen pie crust, thaw for 15 minutes before baking. Line pie crust with parchment paper. Add pie weights or 2 cups uncooked rice or beans. Bake for 12 minutes.
- While crust is cooking: separate eggs. Add three yolks to a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan, reserving one egg white in small bowl. Beat egg white with 1 tablespoon water. After first baking, remove parchment and weights from crust. Brush bottom and sides of pie shell with egg white. Bake 5 additional minutes or until lightly golden. Cool crust on wire rack.
- Add Coconut Milk, sugar and cornstarch to egg yolks. Whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, constantly stirring, until pudding thickens and comes to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook one minute. Remove from heat and add butter. Mix until melted. Stir in coconut and vanilla extracts. Refrigerate to cool.
- Peel and slice bananas. Add to bowl and toss with lemon juice. Line bottom of cooled pie crust with bananas. Pour coconut pudding over bananas, smoothing top. Top with non-dairy topping or whipped cream. Decorate with toasted coconut, if desired. Refrigerate 2 hours before cutting.