You’ll find Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk at Walmart
The easy prep for this tender chicken begins with refrigerated air-drying the night before. This step makes for an ultra-moist chicken. The flavorful broth, made with Andre Prost Coconut Milk, doubles as a savory sauce for the chicken.
- 25 minutes to assemble
- 55-60 minutes to bake
- Total time: 80-85 minutes
- 4-6 servings
- Dry chicken well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let rest on rack, uncovered overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven. Brown chicken on all sides. Remove to plate and cover with aluminum foil. Pour grease from pot and add wine. Boil until reduced by half, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan (deglaze).
- Add Coconut Milk, onion, celery, garlic, lemon peel* and thyme. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add chicken to pot and baste with liquid, cover and place in oven. Cook 55-60 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°F. Remove chicken to platter and cover (temperature will rise to 165°F).
- While chicken is resting, boil sauce 5-10 minutes. Remove thyme sprigs and mix in chopped parsley. If you want a smooth sauce: blend sauce on low, with no top, so steam can escape. Cut chicken into pieces and ladle some sauce over chicken. Serve remaining sauce on side. This entrée is great with mashed potatoes, rice or just served with big slices of Italian bread.