This recipe requires a candy thermometer. These caramels are the perfect introduction to candy making and are sure to impress!
- 40 minutes
- 117 1” pieces
- Line a 9 x13 pan with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray or fat of your choice.
- Place all ingredients except for vanilla extract in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Put the pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon, heat to 245°–250°F. Measure temperature with a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into the parchment-lined pan. Let cool completely at room temperature.
- Remove from the pan, peel off parchment paper, and cut into 1” squares using a large sharp knife. Wrap individual pieces in squares of parchment paper.
- Store at room temperature.