This light, dairy-free tomato sauce is flavored with fresh garden tomatoes, garlic and wine for a true Italian taste. We replaced heavy cream with Andre Prost Coconut Milk so all your guests can enjoy it!
- 15 minutes to assemble
- 25 minutes to cook
- Total time: 40 minutes
- 4-6 servings
- Place chicken on large baking tray. Season with salt and pepper (to preference) and dust all sides with cornstarch.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in large skillet over a medium-high heat. Sauté 1/2 batch chicken until browned and remove to plate. Sauté remaining chicken, adding remaining oil as needed. Remove to plate. Cover.
- Using oil in skillet, sauté shallots and garlic until golden brown, adding remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add wine and stir to remove brown bits from bottom of skillet (deglaze). Boil until reduced by one half.
- Dice tomatoes while shallots and wine are simmering. Add tomatoes and 1 cup Coconut Milk to skillet. Stir to combine and simmer until soft about 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken to sauce with any accumulated juices. Cook until slightly thickened. Add fresh basil just before serving. If substituting dried basil for fresh basil, add while tomatoes are simmering. Serve sauce over pasta of choice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.