Andre Prost Coconut Milk and anise team-up for a totally delicious, dairy-free scone. They make a delightful addition to any special breakfast, brunch or tea!
- 20 minutes to assemble
- 16-18 minutes to bake
- Total time: 36-38 minutes
- 16-18 scones
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease cookie sheet or cover with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Mix flaked coconut and anise seeds into flour mixture.
- Beat Coconut Milk, coconut oil, eggs and coconut extract in a small bowl. Pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture and mix until dough comes together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured counter. Knead one or two turns until dough is firm enough to divide into 2 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a flat, six inch disk. Place each disk on parchment and cut each one into 8 equal triangles. A bench scraper is the best tool for this but a floured knife will work as well. Gently separate scones so they have room to expand while baking.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until firm to touch. Cool baking sheet on a wire rack.
- Serve as is, or glaze when cool. For a decorative touch, sprinkle wet glaze with large pieces of flaked coconut.
- Optional glaze: Mix confectioner's sugar with coconut oil and pour onto scone with a teaspoon. Sprinkle with flaked coconut or large pieces of coconut, if desired.