These healthy banana oatmeal muffins have the delicate flavor of coconut. They make breakfast extra special.
- 20 minutes to assemble
- 15 minutes to rest
- 15-18 minutes to bake
- Total time: 50-53 minutes
- 16 muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 1-12 count and 1-6 count muffin pan with 16 paper baking cups.
- Combine oats and Coconut Milk in large bowl. Mix and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add banana, oil, egg and extract to blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into oat mixture and combine.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into liquid mixture. Fold ingredients until just incorporated. Over mixing makes for a 'tough' muffin with tunnels. Let batter rest 15 minutes.* Fill muffin cups 3/4 way full. A large ice cream scoop, with a wire release works well for this step. Sprinkle tops with flaked coconut.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted near middles comes out clean. <div> </div>*Letting a heavy, baking powder batter sit for 15 minutes, allows time for flour to hydrate. Don't use this method if using baking soda.</div>