These easy to assemble bars are like magic bars only richer; thanks to the addition of Andre Prost Coconut Milk and Werther’s Original Soft Caramels.
- 25 minutes to assemble
- 25-30 minutes to bake
- Total time: 50-55 minutes
- 36-2 X 1 1/2 inch bar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray or use aluminum foil trick, under Test Kitchen Tip (below).
- Pour 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk into small bowl. Add corn starch and whisk until combined. Set aside. Pour remaining Coconut Milk into a medium saucepan. Add caramels. Stirring frequently, cook on a low heat until melted. Add reserved coconut milk and barely simmer 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, melt butter or margarine and sugar in a heavy saucepan until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add wafer crumbs and 1 cup of flaked coconut. Stir until combined. Pour into baking dish. Firmly and evenly press (with bottom of measuring cup) into bottom of dish.
- Evenly sprinkle chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, nuts and remaining 1 cup flaked coconut across top of crust, in that order. Slowly and evenly pour coconut caramel mixture across top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Cool on wire rack. While still warm, run a thin knife around edges to loosen. Cover and refrigerate until cold. Cut into bars. Serve cold. Refrigerate up to 1 week.