We adapted this Clafouti from Julia Child’s recipe to be dairy-free, by making it with Andre Prost Coconut Milk. We also added flaked coconut for an extra indulgence. It makes a delightful breakfast or dessert.
- 10 minutes to assemble
- 7-8 minutes first bake
- 40-45 minutes second bake
- 4 for breakfast
- 6 for dessert
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 7 cup baking dish or 9 inch pie plate.
- Add Coconut Milk, flour, 1/3 cup of sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour a 1/4 inch layer of batter into bottom of prepared dish. Reserve remaining batter.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 7-8 minutes, or until batter is set but not baked through. Remove from oven, leaving oven on.
- Evenly press cherries into soft-set batter. Sprinkle cherries with remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, and then top with coconut flakes. Pour remaining batter evenly over cherries.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until clafouti is puffed and browned. A knife inserted in center should come out clean.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar and serve warm.