You’ll find Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk at Walmart
Creamy Andre Prost Coconut Milk gives this delicious French classic a new twist and makes it lactose free.
- 15 minutes to assemble
- 25-35 minutes to cook
- Total time: 40-50 minutes
- Refrigerate overnight
- 6 Servings
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of sugar, egg yolks and coconut extract together very well.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 can and one cup Coconut Milk just barely to a boil. Slowly pour a thin stream of hot liquid into egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour custard into six, 6 or 8 ounce oven proof custard cups. Place cups in a water bath. To make a water bath: pour hot water into a pan that holds the custard cups and has high enough sides to allow water to reach 1/2 way up sides of cups.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, until the custard is just set or reaches 160°F on a meat thermometer. Remove custard cups to a wire rack. Don't overcook. If no meat thermometer, test by inserting a thin knife near middle of custard. If knife pulls out clean than the custard is done. Allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prior to serving, sprinkle each custard cup evenly with 1-2 teaspoons of sugar. Place on baking sheet and broil, rotating pan until the sugar lightly browns. Be careful not to allow the sugar to burn.