This seasonal soup feeds a crowd. Andre Prost Coconut Milk adds a creamy richness that perfectly balances the dynamic flavor of ginger. Make it dairy-free by using a butter substitute.
- 25 minutes to assemble
- 40-50 minutes to cook
- Total time: 65-75 minutes
- 12 cups
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, apples, carrot and celery. Sauté until wilted and fragrant, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel, seed and thinly slice butternut squash.
- Add butternut squash, broth, Coconut Milk, bouillon and salt. Mix together well. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Gently simmer for 40-50 minutes or until all the vegetables are very soft. Time depends on how thinly sliced the squash is.
- Stir in the brown sugar. Purée in blender, making sure cover has center hole open, to allow steam to escape. Return to pot and bring gently back to a simmer.
- Serve with diced apple or flaked coconut if desired