Andre Prost Coconut Milk gives this yummy mac and cheese an extra velvety sauce.
- 25 minutes to assemble
- 25 minutes to bake
- Total time: 50 minutes
- 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Oil or butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- Boil pasta in a pot of salted water, according to box directions for al dente pasta. Add broccoli last 2 minutes of cooking time and drain.
- Meanwhile, add Coconut Milk, Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese to a medium sauce pan. Cook until cheeses melt and sauce is smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter or margarine in small skillet. Add bread crumbs and stir until moistened. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Pour drained pasta back into pot and add coconut milk mixture. Stir until mixed and pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly browned.*If a dairy free recipe is needed, Daiya is a good vegan cheese that melts well. It comes in shredded cheddar, mozzarella and Pepper Jack varieties. Find it in the dairy section at most health food stores and some supermarkets. For a spicy Mac & Cheese use Pepper Jack cheese instead of cheddar.