Andre Prost Coconut Milk helps create the classic piña colada flavor in this delicious cheesecake. Refrigerate the coconut milk overnight to separate the solids.
- 30 minutes to assemble
- 60 minutes to bake
- 60 minutes to rest
- 12-16 serving
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9 inch springform pan and line outside with aluminum foil up to rim.
- To make cookie crust: Place cookies in food processor. Process until fine crumbs. Add coconut flakes, and oil. Process until well combined. If no food processor: Smash cookies in plastic bag, with a rolling pin and mix in bowl. Pour mixture into bottom of springform pan and a bit up the sides, firmly press into an even layer. The bottom of a measuring cup works well in this step. Bake for 10 minutes and remove to wire rack.
- To make cheesecake: Open chilled Coconut Milk (upside down) and pour off the liquid. Save liquid for smoothies or to cook in oatmeal. Scoop out solid parts of Coconut Milk (3/4 cup) and heat until it will whisk together. Set aside. Whisk 1 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch together until combined (no lumps). Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until smooth. Slowly add sugar mixture, beating until well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each until combined. Add reserved coconut milk, rum and coconut extracts, and salt. Mix well and pour into springform pan.
- Set cheesecake into a larger pan of hot water (water bath) and place in oven. Bake 60 minutes or until it reaches 160°F on a meat thermometer. Shut off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for 60 more minutes. Remove to wire rack. To prevent cracking, gently slide a knife around outside of cheesecake and inside edge of springform pan. Cool completely, then cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- To make topping: Drain pineapple very well over a bowl. Reserve juice. Add drained pineapple, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice to small sauce pan. Heat until sugar is melted into pineapple. Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice and cornstarch to small bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour into hot pineapple mixture. Stir well and cook until thickened and translucent. Refrigerate to cool.
- To serve. Unmold cheesecake from form and place on platter. Cover with pineapple topping and enjoy!