We find canned diced tomatoes are better than winter tomatoes for this easy to prepare, dairy-free vodka sauce. Diced tomatoes, Andre Prost Coconut Milk and vodka make an ultra-creamy, velvety sauce that is totally vegan.
- 10 minutes to assemble
- 20 minutes to cook
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 6 servings, makes 5 cups sauce
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Pour olive oil into a heavy bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven and heat over a medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until wilted and beginning to turn golden. Add red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and vodka. Bring to a boil and simmer 5-10 minutes or until sauce starts to reduce. Purée in blender in 2 batches, with Coconut Milk. Return tomato sauce back to saucepan and add basil. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta according to box directions. Drain and quickly rinse. Remove saucepan from heat. Add pasta and dairy-free cheese, if desired. Toss and serve!